Suspension, Steering and Brakes rattle behind the steering wheel

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by vygec, Friday 21st Dec, 2012.

1. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Odd one, I've noticed a rattle behind the steering wheel column area.
    But this only occurs when i first start the car up from cold, and drive for around 1-2 minutes. Then it completely goes away, and does not return.
    Any ideas?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never experienced this on my 8th Generation albeit it brand new and very low mileage. could you record a sound of it so I can hear it ?

3. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well mine is a 59 plate, and its only done 13k miles.
    The sound is so faint, that im not sure it would come out in a recording. I've only had the car a couple of weeks, its going back for the parking sensor switch I mentioned in another thread. So I might mention this at the same time, though not sure if this sort of thing is covered in warranty.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes Honda dealers have various process they look to identify a noises and some of them are really bizarre but effective.

In London they should be able to catch on it , out in the sticks they will be clueless.

5. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The only noises I've heard in mine are occasionally from the drivers grab handle on the roof, or there is the cowling cover over the back of the steering wheel buttons (trip computer and bluetooth) feel behind the buttons, if you tap it it does rattle slighty, might be that.