Body, Paint & Styling Rattles and squeaks

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by julekasMobilek, Friday 13th May, 2016.

1. julekasMobilek Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    Hello guys, my english is not so great, so I filmed my problem :Smile:

So my question are:
    1: it is possible to fix that silver rattling small thingy which is on top of cup holders? (0:10 sec in the video)
    2: it is possible to fix that handbrake lever which is sliding. When it slides all the way out it is impossible to disengage the hand brake, you have to slide it back all the way (as it should be), then you can push the button and disengage it. (0:23 sec in the video)
    3: it is possible to fix that loose handbrake, as you can see, it is very rattly loose first few clicks. Hand brake is engaged to the end holds my car very good. But it is very annoying that lever is very loose at the starting point. (0:35 sec in the video)
    4: Can you guide me, how to take apart the center console (show the screes or holding brakets), to change gear stick leather gaiter (1:15 sec in the video), where to start and begin with? As you can see in the video all the trims is kinda loose, i would like to fix that :Smile: (0:17 sec in the video)

Thank you.

2. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi Fella
    Mine is the same as your item 1 & 3, no idea how to fix. I have a guide how to change the gear leaver which details how remove the centre console. the guide is here:- Gear knob replacement

Hope it helps.

John

Nels likes this.
  3. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Re. item 1.
    Fixed. Mask off the area around the silver bar but leave a very small gap. I used some lacquer from a touch up Honda paint set and used a fine point artist brush and run some lacquer into the gap. Remover the masking tape before the lacquer dries and remove any lacquer which may have seeped under with a damp lint free cloth. Honda paint is water based.
    John