Engine & Gearbox Rattling noise

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Rick05, Friday 6th Jul, 2012.

1. Rick05 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Richard Cork ,Ireland
    Hi ,
    I recently noted a rattling noise when I'm pressing clutch . These no any sound when you have engine running on neutral/ driving. I can feel tiny vibration on cluck pedal when u have it pressed half way . If I press it all way in it gets much stronger.
    I took it to local gearbox /cluck centre , so long story short got new cluck / flywheel kit( don't ask about price-trying not to think about it ) and after week off waiting - started my car and rattle is till there... witch left my mechanic with quite long face. Asked me to call on mondey , meantime his gonna to talk to people what else it could be . So Im 1800 $$ down and no joy :Angry: .

My car : 2009 Honda Accord 2.2 I-DTEC , 115k miles.

Plz help

Last edited: Saturday 7th Jul, 2012
  2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Rick, sorry I don't know what this could be, maybe other members might have an idea.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    can't say what the matter with it , I would assume the guy who did fitted has missed something. Did he have the necessary tools to install the clutch kit as per the Honda workshop manual?

The other thing could be the clutch master cylinder may have developed a creak, greasing it with rubber grease or potentially change it.

4. Rick05 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Richard Cork ,Ireland
    Well its a clutch and gearbox centre so i assume they would have all necessary tools/knowledge .

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not always the case bud, Honda training and tools are unique. The guys must have had to work in a Honda dealership and had the the training and more important the exposure to change the clutch kit.

6. stevenk4563 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This sounds very much like the noise I have, does anyone know what the issue is yet?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    your is a 7th Generation Steven so it can be a number of things. or simple as the acoustic cover not on properly.

8. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    if there's rattling noise I'd say its the clutch bearing you can hear the noise only when you press the pedal because then it starts working with the pressure plate, ask your mechanic if he changed bearing if he did it, I would ask is he trustworthy and if he really changed it? rattling noise and vibration would indicate for faulty DMF

9. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I tend to agree with previous...
    Does sound clutch prob and sounds as though would be bearing ?
    Did they fit genuine kit and did they fit the whole kit including bearing?