General Rattling windows?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TerryM, Friday 14th Sep, 2012.

1. TerryM Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My Accord VTEC Sport LA51 has a few rattles, probably from the windows, probably because this car is now 10 years old!

Any suggestions about reducing/eliminating rattles?

2. hondavtecr Trader

Chris Manchester
    The actual glass would of became a little loose where it bolts to the window regulator. I would suggest removal of the door card and nipping the two 10mm bolts up to secure the glass again.
    Ichiban likes this.
  3. TerryM Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that - what's a "door card" please?
  4. hondavtecr Trader

Chris Manchester
    sorry its your door panel. theres a small screw behind the door handle, and two under the arm rest section on the panel and a small clip near the wing mirror cover. Then its just held on by pop clips so just give it a sharp pull and it will come off. Use a stanley knife to cut the protective dirt cover and if you work the window you will see the reg move. Put the window around half way and you will be able to see the two holding 10mm bolts.
  5. TerryM Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many thanks!
  6. hondavtecr Trader

Chris Manchester
    terry did this sort your window fault?
  7. TerryM Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry about my lack of response ... I greatly appreciate your advice ... I've been overwhelmed recently by a variety of "challenges" all at once.
    S**t happens.
    I'll get round to checking the rattles and their cause soon, then report back here.
  8. Digbybeagle Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a problem with my 04 Accord, the glass was jamming in the runners giving a cracking sound when lowered, I took it into my local Honda dealer and they fixed it in twenty minutes by the fix stated above, it is working perfectly now, the best thirty quid I have spent, mutch cheaper than a new glass!