Engine & Gearbox Re-map CR-V II auto

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Steve Ashby, Sunday 1st Nov, 2015.

1. Steve Ashby New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Steve Nuneaton
    Hi,
    I have a 2004 CR-V II i-VTEC auto, 60,000 miles, in really good condition, that is our all round / every day motor, the SUV layout suits my wife who has a severe back problem, so the high seating arrangement is ideal. We tow a caravan 5-6 times a year and although the MPG isn't great, it performs pretty well. Rather than swap it for a newer model, not necessarily Honda, and maybe bigger cc's, I have looked to see if a re-map is available, has anyone had it done, how good, how much and where?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Steve, unfortunately there's no easy re-mapping solution for the 2.0 i-VTEC.

3. Steve Ashby New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Steve Nuneaton
    Hi Speedy,
    Thanks for that, I did wonder seeing that I had looked everywhere on the net and only found dubious generic ads. I've had the car from New and it's been the best car I've ever had, now it's eleven years old, I've started to look around but have been offered 2k for it against a 12k motor. It's in such good nick that I'm going to keep it, hence looking around to see if I can poke it up a bit. It pulls the van ok, but only being a three speed auto, it can sometimes be caught a bit, another 30 - 40 BHP would be nice or more torque.

4. Kash Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Kash Nelson
    Getting gains from a naturally aspirated engine is relatively expensive. I mean you could change the whole exhaust- manifold to back box, less restrictive inlet manifold along with intake with remap will get you 30bhp but will probably cost you at least what you've been offered for your car.

It sounds like you have a nice car, I'd enjoy it for what it is and keep on maintaining it like you have. Unless you want to spend that much that is.