General Re-spray colour matching not the best...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirstHonda, Monday 11th May, 2015.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Saw this Jazz on eBay - Cat C, nice and cheap, sounds like a very fair description.

...except the line that the front drivers door seems to be a "slightly" different shade of blue from when it was fixed :Laughing::Laughing::Laughing:

It's all looking pretty good until the final picture :Grin:

Anyway, a (semi) serious question. Is it likely that the rest of the car has changed colour over the years to that extent, i.e. that the door was resprayed using the correct colour code, or have they just used the wrong colour?

It must be the wrong colour code, right??

2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That looks like it's had a "Sirius Blue" second hand door, whereas the car is "ICE Blue".

Blue is blue though I suppose............

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    That looks awful..:no:

As Pottermus says.....obviously a second hand door sourced by a blind/lazy person. If the door had been sprayed and the rest of the bodywork not, then the door might look a bit darker, but not the other way around.....1 out of 10 for effort.
    How much would it have cost to blow over the drivers door with a little blending either side....even if they only did outside??

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Possibly a good opportunity for somebody to drive the price down even further and get it sorted properly after purchase.

5. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    Each to their own I suppose. I wouldn't entertain looking at this car purely on the basis that this is probably not the only repair done on the cheap or in a slapdash manner. Not necessarily the case I know, but there are plenty of other better examples about. The Jazz is not a rare car.

Nels and FirstHonda like this.
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^That's a very good point actually, hadn't really occurred to me, but makes perfect sense :Ermm:

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Exactly why I wouldn't look further than the ebay posting.

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I'm seeing 3 different shades of colour, both doors are different to each other and the rest of the body.

I would never buy a Cat C car myself though.

Pottermus likes this.