Engine & Gearbox Really long turbo lag or blocked filter???

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Red, Wednesday 22nd Aug, 2012.

1. Red Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,
    I have recently bought a 2004 2.2 I-CTDI Sport Estate, which looks lovely in every way!! Driving home from work this evening I was accelerating up a long hill, when I changed up to fourth gear I noticed the car took between three to five seconds for the accelleration to kick in, and even then it was'nt great. Has any one else experienced this, or any ideas what may be the cause.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks

2. Jon_G Guest

Hi and welcome to the club. It would be great if you could introduce yourself by starting a new thread here... Introduce Yourself • Honda Karma

Did you get an ECU warning light? Otherwise it's down to guesswork, and my guess is a sticking/jammed EGR valve (which is usually fairly easy to cure) - do a thread search and see if you find a match for your symptoms.

Or, if it was just a one-off thing, don't worry about it until it keeps happening. Good luck!

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When was the car last serviced ?

4. Red Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, thanks for the reply. Last serviced, oil and filters changed in Dec 2011.

Cheers

Nic

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Nic how many miles has the cars covered since the Dec 2011 service. I assume original genuine filters and fuel filter were changed ?