Aftermarket Kit Rear Boot/Tailgate Gas Strut replacement?

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by chazzb, Saturday 6th Dec, 2014.

1. chazzb Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Berkshire
    Has anyone on here replaced the gas struts on the rear tailgate of an FR-V?

My question is more about where to find suitable replacements. I'm fairly sure the Honda OEM ones will cost a king's ransom so any advice on how to source cheap(er) replacements would be great. Thanks in advance.

I'll happily post a how-to guide with pictures when I get round to doing mine.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The FR-V isn't the most popular models and therefore the aftermarket can be quite limited at times, I'm not immediately finding anything unfortunately.

But for your reference the OEM part numbers are 04741-SJD-000 (R) and 04746-SJD-000 (L), the list price is £81.40 each, however @Holdcroft Honda would be able to beat that with free delivery once you're eligible for club discount (25 posts).

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Another option if money is tight is to source out some second hands one from a scrap yard

4. chazzb Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Berkshire
    Thanks for the advice so far. My plan is to remove one to measure it properly and see if I can get an exact match on this site. Honda Gas Struts

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Last edited: Thursday 11th Dec, 2014