Suspension, Steering and Brakes Rear Brakes - Calipers

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Thursday 12th Sep, 2013.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I know on the Civic you need to use that tool to wind the piston back with the rear calipers but is it the same for the accord and will the same tool work?

This is the tool I've got: Halfords | Laser Brake Caliper Rewind Tool

Cheers

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup that works for the saloon rear I have the same tool and used it on a GD1 Jazz http://hondakarma.com/posts/6793/

Its will work on your Accord mate. If you want a Honda tool I can give you the part number.. I do need to convert atleast one of you into me soon..:Whistle:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only the saloon needs a wind back tool.
    The tourers can be pushed back as normal.
    That tool should work for the saloon.

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah CJ posted as I was writing.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cool, cheers. No point getting another tool if the one I've got will do it! I've got a few things on my list, need to get that rear bumper waxed so may as well do the whole car. Windscreen needs some light wiper hairlines buffed out and I'm toying with the idea of an air intake just for the fun of it. It's been confirmed that it won't effect the insurance (it's on fleet anyway). There's also a very minor dent on the boot lid lip which needs hammering out. A huge nail in my rear tyre which needs repairing.... lol

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention, this is a very bad site I've found: http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?id_car=8 and when I say bad, I mean bad for my wallet.....