Electrical & Lights rear bumper parking sensor

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Saturday 2nd May, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The actual sensor just pops out but does anyone know if the plastic cover surrounding it pops out also or is it a bumper off job? It's the sensor on the black plastic bumper and not the colour coded one. Cheers.

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Ignore, job done.

If anyone wants a working rear OEM sensor then they can have mine. It has a bit of the plastic coating chipped off but still works perfectly.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How does the rear sensors pop out..?? Anybody got any tips..?? Does the bumper need to come off..?? Getting false sensor alarm beeping when starting the car.. One of my rear sensors is corroded on the surface so going to change that one first.. Plus anyone have a link to buying quality aftermarket replacements..??
    Rgds Al

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I bought a genuine one from eBay for a good price. You need to prise the rear bumper open at one side but no need to completely remove it. From memory there's a few screws and bolts in the rear arch plus a bolt or two in the side of the inside part of the boot lip near the light cluster.

The sensor itself behind the bumper is removed by sliding it horizontally first, don't try and pull it straight up and out.

Al Star and Chunkylover53 like this.
  5. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks AF.. Looks like a wee job for next weekend.. :Smile:

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'd give yourself an hour so that you can take your time. Don't force anything, you shouldn't need to. I did and snapped the sensor clip because I didn't realise it slid to the side to release. Fortunately proxy bond fixed the clip and it slid back in.

Al Star likes this.
  7. dkarolj Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Croatia Davor Kutina
    Al Star and Nels like this.
  8. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thankyou Dkarolj.. I replaced my rear sway bar bushes today and had a glance at the rear parking sensor I was looking at replacing.. Looks like I should be able to remove it without removing the bumper.. Their quite low down and I can get my hand in to the back of the sensor ok.. I'll have a better look tomorrow and report back.. :Smile: