Suspension, Steering and Brakes Rear caliper overhaul

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by k20a3, Monday 5th Oct, 2015.

1. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys and Gals :Smile:

So the rear right caliper on my 01 Accord has started giving me problems. Basically when I have pulled up the handbrake quite hard, then I release it the caliper doesn't release properly. On the back the pivot attached to the handbrake cable doesn't return to its stopper fully. I have to pump the brake or twist the pivot by hand to release the caliper pinch.
    I think the way forward is a rebuild kit. (please correct me if you think i am wrong here.)

Question is that there are rebuild kits online such as this one:

HONDA ACCORD 1.8 & 2.0 CG/CH (1998 2003) REAR BRAKE CALIPER REPAIR KIT BCR342A | eBay

Will this work on my original honda caliper or is it only for their calipers? e.g. piston size ECT....

Many thanks

Joe

2. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    They are made for originals, but I would contact them just to make sure.

I have read about place that sell refurbed calipers and they buy your current one, so that might be worth looking into.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Rear calipers that have built in handbrake mechanism aren't so easy to overhaul.

I was say save all the messing around and look for an refurbed caliper where you send your current on in for a discount.

4. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I see...

perhaps i will re think it...

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham