Suspension, Steering and Brakes Rear calipers

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Jerry, Sunday 11th Mar, 2012.

1. Jerry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Accord saloon rear caliper rewind tools, loads on ebay, many differant types, any suggestions please :Messed::Messed::Messed:
    Thanks

Jerry

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi you can try Halfords or ebay for Laser 1314 Brake Caliper Piston Re-wind Tool Set

3. Jerry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Thanks for that, in stock at my local Halfords , will get one this week
    Jerry

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Great please do come back with your results.

5. Jerry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got the laser 1314 tool today, from machine mart, £11.40 cheaper than Halfords, day off wednesday, so I'll see how easy it winds the pistons back to fit new rear pads ...

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Machine mart is a cracking shop I haven't been to a machine mart for some time now.

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can happily spend hours looking at Machine Mart, Screwfix etc. Drives the wife mad. :Smile:

8. Jerry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Got home early today so did the rear pads, what a doddle with the rewind tool, works perfect :Grin: I spent ages winding the pistons in, on my old volvo S40 , Did it with long nose pliers and it took forever :Frown: 2 mins for each caliper with this tool and it fits most modern cars ... a good buy ...

Jerry

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    excellent did you align the groves to the backing pin on the pads?

10. Jerry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes ... all cleaned up , lined up and greased, shims greased, caliper pins out, cleaned and greased ... tomorrow the fronts, they look fine but i will take them out and clean grease everything :Smile: ... don't particularly like crawling under cars any more, but i used to be a mechanic and i like my cars to be right ... :cool:
    Jerry

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff take some pictures along the way it will be beneficial for other members.

12. Jerry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will do, should have taken some today, but was in a bit of a rush ... will photograph the rest of my progress :Whistle:
    Jerry

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds