Service & Maintenance Rear Camber

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by accord1108, Sunday 18th Sep, 2016.

1. accord1108 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Michael Eire
    Hi,
    I had the 4 wheel alignment checked on my car, and the only issue is the rear camber on one side is showing as out of spec, see report.

Both back tyres are worn on the inside, but i have been told that the amount my wheels are out shouldn't make much impact on the wear of the tyres, is this correct?

The other strange thing is that the two front ones, although showing up ok as regards alignment, are very slightly wearing on the inside. The tyre pressure was about 28psi in these, whether that is the cause, or just driving style/roads
    #
    Here's the allignment report

image.

2. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Tyre pressure is a bit on the low side, should be 32-33 psi all round. Check the info label on the inside of the drives door jamb for exact pressure.

John

accord1108 likes this.
  3. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    I had slight negative camber on the rear and trust me even this wore the inside tyres.
    The only way to solve this is with after market camber arm adjusters or adjustable camber ball joints that I have fitted.

accord1108 likes this.
  4. accord1108 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Michael Eire
    I set the pressure to 33 in all wheels.

What should the rear camber be, I've seen a figure of -1° +/- 30'

In light of the back right wheel showing as -1° 22', and still wearing, where should the camber be set to? Should one aim for 0°?

5. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    accord1108 likes this.
  6. coops Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Herts
    Believe mine has the same problem, looking to get it checked out ASAP