Suspension, Steering and Brakes Rear control arms

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by sgoaty, Saturday 7th Feb, 2015.

1. sgoaty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scott
    Hi

I want to replace my aftermarket rear camber kit with standard type non adjustable rear arms.
    Originally the car came with BC coil overs but it was just too low for where I live so I thought the easiest thing to do would be swap it back to the standard shocks and springs. Unfortunately the car has been handling like a dog despite having 4 wheel alignment done. I had a look today and discovered all the bushes in the after market control arms have failed. Im not sure if this is down to me not slackening the bolts on the arm bushes when replacing the shocks or because the bushes are only designed for lowered cars and there is too much travel with standard suspension?

Id welcome a bit of input on the subject.
    Also can anyone suggest a good source for rear arms? ( Honda want £432 for the 6 arms) I would consider replacing just the bushes at a push but I can't find a good parts fiche showing the bushes I need.

Thanks
    Scott

2. sgoaty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scott
    I can get another set of aftermarket arms for £150 plus import duty but I just wondered if these would go the same way with standard suspension?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The 8t gen rear suspension is a complicate beast i know Marcus at heel and toe sell a few kits have a look for info, also have a look at this thread Aftermarket Kit - 8th Generation Accord lowering options

Which aftermarket kit have you gone for bud?

sgoaty likes this.
  4. sgoaty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scott
    Its the one which came with the car it looks like this one.

Ill have a look at the link you gave thanks.
    Scott
    - - - Updated - - -
    Doh I didnt follow the top tip about the bushes!

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never heard of them mate, make sure the left control arm the headlight sensor if on the arm otherwise you will find your headlights all over the place and no amount of headlight adjustment will fix that.You will have to also get some heat shrink tubing and put then across the central check adjusters and bolts our winter salt will kill and seize them and then you can't adjust them..

So once the kits on on the car and you have achieved your optimal setting then fill the heat shrink tube with grease and cable tie the ends them locking the bolts in and protecting them.

6. sgoaty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scott
    Ideally id just like to put standard stuff on I know its not as precise but it must be close to right surely.

Also how do you set up the headlight sensor? my main beam seems very low.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I know but in the picture you have the four mounting holes so that is good when removing the stock arm look and measure the distance and replicate it when fitting your aftermarket arm,
    Healight sensor.PNG
    Yes loading the bushes is very important mate otherwise you will get strange and unpredictable handling :no:

8. sgoaty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scott
    My headlight sensor does not connect to those brackets, its clamped to one of the adjusting nuts with something similar to a jubilee clip.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is your car diesel petrol and MTOC please.

10. sgoaty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scott
    Maybe i misunderstood did you just mean use that as a measurement point against the old arms?

2010 Type-S diesel saloon. :Smile:
    Thanks
    Scott

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You are right the arm does not have the same figment as the stock arm so you will have to mount it with a bolt and nylock nut.

Cu2 rear arm.PNG

12. sgoaty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scott
    Sorry im not keeping up :Smile: are we still talking about the headlight sensor? Mine came with aftermarket arms when I got it.
    I will get a photo in the morning.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Definitely showing my ignorance today I thought it was a brake bias adjuster of some sort.

arm.

I'm annoyed at myself it was a school boy error thinking i wouldn't have to unload and reload the bushes. won't do it again that's for sure!

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ahh those are diffrent to the ones on the ebay advert those one are close to the OEM ones. The loading of the bush is easily done mate.,