Suspension, Steering and Brakes Rear Disc and Pad change - bargain price!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Paul, Sunday 6th Jan, 2013.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well I had my car in for service the other day and was told my rear brakes were 99% worn. I wasn't surprised as I was told they needed changing 12 months ago at Holdcroft.

Recently I've had car insurance, MOT, service, front discs and pads and with Christmas just coming I am a bit skint. I priced up a competitive price from HH for supply (bought my fronts from them two weeks ago) and was going to order them when on Friday they started grinding!

Knowing I was going onto nights I needed to get them changed and quick. I went online and to eurocarparts and ended up paying £42 for both discs and pads! I collected them Saturday and did them today.

So what were the pads and discs like?? Well they were Eicher make and thought for the price they were worth a punt. The discs were really good quality. No need to degrease and sealed in two bags (I still cleaned then!). Minimum thickness stamped on the edge and looked quality (surprised!).

The pads again identical to the old OEM ones were also very good quality and came with grease supplied.

I did both sides in an hour and half at a total cost of a few pence over £42! Will they last? Time will only tell n

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    42 quid what!! that is unbelievable you got any pictures of the discs bud.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not now mate they're on the car. They are Eicher make which is ECP's own brand. Full price should have been around £60 for discs and pads but on there site if you add parts25 code you get 25% off.
    The discs have the minimum thickness etched into the edge (same as Honda). I asked the guy in ECP what they were like and he said they were top notch and they sold 1000's and never had complaints.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am looking to see your long term results bud.

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They are on the rear so they'll do very little work compared to fronts. If they don't last I've not lost much.

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any updates on the brakes, my indie said that they were useless but maybe they've got better?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Paul gives an update fella , now HH are doing great deals on pads worth stock piles a few sets.

8. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    what sort of deal?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mr CL7 likes this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I've had a full set of discs and pads today from HH
    £75-£80 cheaper than my local dealer and they were delivered. :Thumbup:

Genuine Honda parts, for my Japanese built 7th Generation.

What more could you want :Happy:

DeviateDefiant likes this.