Suspension, Steering and Brakes Rear Discs / Pads - Warrant Work??

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by TheDarkKnight, Monday 12th Mar, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had an email from Honda about my rear pads, which were probably inspected a few weeks back when I went to have my handbrake checked as it felt loose.

Is there any warranty work outstanding on the rear discs/pads as I recall seeing a thread somewhere or on the 'net about a lawsuit which Honda lost and had to replace these items under warranty?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is no such TSB or any recall on the 8th Generation European Accord. In the US suing is the norm they have had vendor specific issues but European Accord don't use the same brake calipers or the pads seen on the US model.

The initial minority batch of 8th Generation Accord for European has issues which was fixed. if you have brake issue get it inspected and Honda dealer can seek for clarity from technical services is they see any abnormal wear.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've had the pads looked at before and they seem fine - probably a good 60-70% left and they operate flawlessly - just got thrown off a bit by the short email I'd rec'd and thought it was related to the issues in the US.

Appreciate the clarity CJ.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The email is an attempt to get you into the dealership on the base upon of probability and guesswork ,and is geared target customers are not too aware of their cars. It doesnt taken into account your recent visit or any work done on your car , it a system generated letter.

This sort of direct email has shown to be a good source of increasing footfall.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh I did think it was odd, considering I'd only recently visited and no mention was made with the pads then. Ah well, nothing lost so that can't be bad! :Wink:

6. jrd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had both sets of rear pads and discs changed free of charge under warranty after the off-side started to rub.

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good result - touchwood, no sticking on mine, but will discreetly call up anonymously and see what the dealer says first methinks!