General Rear door trim swap Sedan-Tourer + AUX capability

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mustnap, Saturday 3rd Oct, 2015.

1. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Hi guys.

Have two questions here:

1. Can a Sedan car use rear passenger doors' doortrim from a Tourer? Are they the same? Or they are totally different? (dimension wise and location of points where clips/latches are being used).

2. My headunit is the non-satnav version and has "CD/AUX" button on it. Without me detaching the headunit to check the rear ports, can i use accessories like Grom kit/Xcarlink/Yatour so that I can play music from SD Card/USB/MP3 player as well as using the controls on my steering wheel?

Thanks.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They are different you can use them

You have to detach the head unit to cable up anyway if you want to use third party input device? you can use the steering buttons fine when in aux mode.

3. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    They are different (Rear Door trim in SEDAN vs in TOURER)? So I CAN'T use them interchangeably? (I am thinking of buying from a breaker but the breaky has a tourer unit, not sedan.

If i cannot use the rear door trim, i'll have to find a breaker that has saloon unit.

Well, i would not want to pry open the headunit BEFORE i purchase the 3rd party input device (Grom/Yatour/Xcarlink) so i just want to know if there is a way to confirm that my stock non-navi head unit can support 3rd party input device.