Suspension, Steering and Brakes Rear Drop Links

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by JamesS, Wednesday 15th Oct, 2014.

1. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    Right guys another bit of advice please. When I finally get round to fitting my coilovers, I have read in a guide that I need to disconnect the rear drop links to fit the coilovers in. This worries me, with the problems I have had with the front suspension bolts so far!

So couple of questions. First is, are the drop links made of stronger material then the other bolts I have encountered on my Honda so far?? If not is it worth me ordering a new set, and saving time and cutting the old ones off?

Second is has anyone built there own drop links, using performance rod ends? If anyone has, do you know the sizes needed?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Drop links are a pain to remove on any car. Personally I'd order a new set and just chop old ones off.

3. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    Nice one, thanks mate :Smile:

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Echo @SpeedyGee, Drop-Links are pretty cheap and a common point of failure so it's not a bad idea to replace them anyway :Smile:

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Im changing the rear drop links on my car this weekend just because I ordered them ages ago and never got round to fitting them. The front ones, like @SpeedyGee suggested, I just chopped them off, cut straight through the middle, grab some pliers, pop the top covers off them, and then cut the ball joint away and refit new ones.

If the weather behaves, I will do a quick DIY on how to change them, but they really are simple. Garages in houses these days are way too small. Want to do any work involving working on the side of a car, and you run out of room.

DeviateDefiant and SpeedyGee like this.
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm the same with rear droplinks, I have a pair sitting in Liverpool I never got round to fitting for the '03 :Laughing: Look forward to seeing a DIY if the weather is good to you.

7. Nighthawk Guest

@JamesS

Replaced my rear drop links today, took plenty of pictures. I will try to slap together a DIY for you either today or tomorrow.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    Great stuff thanks! :Smile:

9. Nighthawk Guest

Writing it up right now mate, gimme 30 mins and it will be ready for you.

10. Nighthawk Guest

Ichiban likes this.