Electrical & Lights Rear L&R and Passenger Power Windows Not Working

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Hendrixaxe, Tuesday 18th Feb, 2014.

1. Hendrixaxe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Before you ask - no, the main switch isn't depressed! Nor are the interior fuses blown (nos 24, 25 and 26 respectively)

Everything has been working fine for the last 15 months since I bought the car ( 2005 55 plate 2.0i VTEC exec tourer) with occasional use of the main switch to prevent inquisitive children and in-laws fiddling with the windows.

Lack of illumination of the rear L & R and passenger window switches on the drivers door switch unit and the respective door switches - and a relay type 'click' when pressing the switches - suggests to me that the main switch isn't functioning correctly and isn't disengaging in the 'up' position.

Any ideas what could be causing this - or any additional checks I can carry out to isolate the problem - before I splash out in a used drivers door control unit on eBay?

Many thanks in advance

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Take main switch out of the driver card and reset the main harness and check.

3. Hendrixaxe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Hi thanks for the quick response peppyster1.

Do you mean simply disconnect the multi connector on the underside of the switches and reconnect?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah just see its a bad connection

5. Hendrixaxe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    No joy unfortunately. All the 'male' pins on the back of the switches and the 'female' terminals on the multi connector look clean & shiny with no obvious shorts in the wiring loom. Reconnecting them has had no effect.

I'll get on to Holdcroft tomorrow to see how much Honda want for the main switch (which I suspect is the culprit). If it's more than £30 I'll buy a used complete assembly on eBay and hope for the best.

Thanks for the suggestion.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have you checked the power window relay is seated correctly?

Power relay capture. Power relay.

7. Hendrixaxe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Thanks Ichiban. If this relay controls all four power windows wouldn't the driver's window be kaput too? Happy to check the relay but the symptoms seem to indicate a main switch malfunction as detailed in my previous post.

8. Hendrixaxe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Update: I purchased a used drivers door master switch on ebay and swapped it over. All windows functioning correctly - hurrah! This seemed to prove my suspicion s as to the earlier problem.

However, while the central locking works from the door master switch I now can't lock the car with the remote key fob. Someone has suggested that the window switch needs to be coded to the vehicle in some way?

Trawling ebay has shown me that there are many different part codes on seemingly similar/identical window switches. Is the part number key to it being compatible?

Many thanks in advance for your comments & guidance.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  9. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    maibe you need to try and reprogram your remote key fob again. there are instructions on the acura tsx site. if you can't find will post if i find them.

i have a slightly different problem, my 2004 accord 2.4 seems to misbehave especially when its cold. if i open the drivers window and then close it , it won't go up , it justs goes up an inch and the goes down again. it seems to do that only when its cold when its warm it works fine. i can only close it by switching off the ignition and then it will close. any ideas