Rear mud guard fitting

Discussion in '4th Generation (2015)' started by Eck, Wednesday 8th Jun, 2016.

1. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Has anyone fitted rear mud guards to the new Jazz?

Instructions show removal of the rear bumper is necessary to get access to the right and left side 'fenders' to allow cutting out for fitment of self tapping clips.

Looking at the car I think it is possible to remove the 'fenders' and slipping them out without rear bumper removal.

Anyone done this job?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I doubt you will have to go to such extreme of removing the fender\liners or bumper. I will try to get some PDF guide for you later on today.

3. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much, I think removal of wheels will allow enough access to the 'fender' screws/clips which will allow either removal or enough room to allow the cutting of 'fender' slots for the spring nuts, and location of the spring nuts positions on the bumper. But in case anything else hidden any advice more than welcome.

PS this Jazz is just as a Honda should feel like when driven, better quality, a few more horses wouldn't go amiss though, not a problem for me.

legend-ary likes this.
  4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    maybe Spoon can help you get a Civic Type-R's K20 in there ;D
    Spoon Sports K20A Fit3 GK5 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums
    SpoonVisit2015-1986_zpsyuuxxwb7.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks a lovely and would probably help the horses, but can he fit mud guards?

legend-ary likes this.
  6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    :lol::lol::lol: haha probably not!

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    You can remove the small arch fenders without removing the wheels. Just two screws and 2 -3 clips each side. Cut out the fenders (there marked for you. Re-fit and just squeeze the brackets provided onto the bumper where the 4 gaps are.

legend-ary likes this.
  8. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much, gives some confidence, will notify when completed.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is the official Honda mud flaps install guide. A bit extreme to fit simple flaps.

Attached Files:

10. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes that is the leaflet that comes with the guards, will let you know how I get on with the 'simple' method.

Thank you.

11. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

But the good news is that in fact the bumper does not require to be removed to fit the OEM mudguards - going cheap just now from Coxmotorparts!
    I found access best to remove wheels
    On either side remove wheel, remove clips from fender - 3 on left, 2 on right, remove lower of the two self tappers on the bumper lip, ease the 'fender' down from behind the lining.
    Cut slots as marked on the fender, drill hole for mud guard clip. DO NOT BEND EXCESSIVELY ANYWHERE!
    Fit the spring nuts in the positions marked on the bumper - (Let the self tapper centre itself).
    Refit the 'fender', carefully pushing between liner, fit the self tapper first, this to get fender position correct as to where it was before and ensure the self tapper is back in it's boss.
    Refit push clips, I had problem with original inboard one on right fender, the metal location for it is awkward, but swapped it for the new clip supplied with kit and used the old on in the lower mud guard position. (The 'fingers had sprung a little?)
    Fit the mud guards - check position below bumper - little notch to align, push up and in when screwing self tappers home making sure tight fit to bumper - tighten top self tapper first I think is best.
    Job done. About £80 cheaper than dealer.

Hope useful for others, make sure OEM parts used!

SpeedyGee and FirstHonda like this.