Electrical & Lights rear parking camera and monitor suggestions

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AlexD333, Saturday 16th Feb, 2013.

1. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all, so yesterday I was parking in auto pilot mode and tried to line drivers door up with a parked Civic, and forgot how long the tourer is in comparison. Needless to say what happened next wasnt pretty. Crunched the corner quite good and popped the bumper panel out. Honda were nice enough to squeeze me in this morning and we resprayed the whole bumper.

Now with my clumsiness I don't want this happening again. So im thinking to get a rear camera and monitor. Only problem being where to fit a screen. I have the non satnav model. I also have no sunroof, was possibly thinking of a flip down screen. Honda can do the wiring for me.

Anybody seen anything like this on Accords before?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks - alex :Smile:
  2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd go for parking sensors I have a camera on my tourer but I have the sat nav model. Camera is not all its cracked up to be its hard to tell how close something actually is.
  3. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh right, you get that concave effect on the screen?

Mabye sensors are the best way foward then. I was secretly looking forward to a camera though.
  4. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Why chuck money at gadgets.
    Just pay attention when driving over a ton of metal about.
  5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    If it was a saloon, fitting a camera would be easy, it'd replace the number plate light. But others who have fitted cameras on tourers have used the same camera as the saloon because a specific one isn't available for the tourer. They've had to carve into the plastic boot lid trim. Results were mixed but didn't look too good. A good stereo shop would be able to fit the monitor. But it will be a lot of expense for the benefit. I'd either fit parking sensors or pay more attention when reversing.
  6. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is what I did to my bumper. Honda have since sorted the bumper for me. Do'h

My android won't let me drag the photo into the "drag here" box. I will have to upload tomorrow.
    Last edited: Sunday 17th Feb, 2013
  7. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I agree with Dave, the cameras are not really that good. I have one on my CR-V and half the time you cannot see clearly because of rain, dust or more recently snow/ICE. Go for sensors, they are much better.
    Mike c