Optional Extras Rear parking sensors

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by FOXX, Friday 20th Mar, 2015.

1. FOXX Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave Hitchin
    Hi all,

When i engage reverse, there is normally two short beeps to signal that the rear parking sensors are activated, however, recently this isn't always the case. Sometimes there is a long beep, and no apparent working sensors. I have wiped the sensors, but this doesn't seem to make much difference. This doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally.
    Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks

Dave

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You got the genuine sensors or aftermarket sensors, the symptom are were common when water gets into the back of the connector.

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Mine sometimes (more recently all the time) in the morning only, don't work at all. I get a continuous long beep and then nothing. However it goes after its warmed up a little. I am guessing its water in the sensors. Mine are aftermarket though not genuine honda. So I am going to rip them out and replace with a set off ebay. fitted one set to our other car and they seem to be fine.

4. FOXX Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi @Ichiban they are genuine sensors i believe, with the sounder located on the inside of the rear pillar. Are the connectors easy to locate?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If they were fitted by the dealer then you will have to remove the C pillar trim to get to it :no: and it does take time.

6. FOXX Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh, that doesn't sound like a five minute job! So it's the connector on the sounder i need to get to rather than the actual sensors themselves.

7. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I think but may be wrong, to get to the sensors you have to remove the rear bumper? My car is a tourer and looking at it I can't see any other way than to remove the rear bumper to access the sensors?

FOXX likes this.
  8. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had the same problem about a year ago, probably one of the sensors gone. Put the ignition on but don't start the car, put it into reverse and then one by one put your ear up to each one and you should hear a very light clicking noise from the sensor, if you get one that doesnt make any clicking noise you know thats the one thats gone. I bought a new genuine one off ebay and fitted it....hey presto working a treat again. Hope this helps.

FOXX likes this.
  9. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I also had the same problem and it was one of the sensors playing up. Exactly the same as above. I bought a new one, but had to get it painted - fitted it myself and job done.

The rear bumper comes off very easily and it is a DIY job - just make sure you have old duvet or carper to rest the bumper on and there isn't much slack in the cable either once its off the car.

Part number for the sensor i had are in the pics below :

2014-07-27 12.27.32 (Custom).
    2014-07-27 12.27.36 (Custom).
    2014-07-27 12.27.40 (Custom).
    2014-07-27 12.27.44 (Custom).
    2014-07-27 12.27.47 (Custom).