Electrical & Lights Rear parking sensors

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ian, Saturday 23rd Mar, 2013.

1. Ian Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Just thinking of adding a reverse parking sensors to my car.
    I have found the following on ebay : No Holes In Bumper Electromagnetic Parking Sensors - UK Designed & Engineered | eBay
    But it says it is no good with cars with a CAM BUS system which i believe, the New accord has.
    Can you confirm that this is correct as this one needs no drilling etc and would be unnoticeable.
    Can you also tell me if the other cheap one will also work that you have to put the sensors into the bumpers.
    Many thanks again in advance.
    Ian

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't think it says you can't use it on cars with CAN BUS. I think it's just saying that it's not CAN BUS aware itself.

As long as you don't try and connect it to the CAN BUS I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    How much does a genuine Honda parking sensor system cost to fix any ideas ?

4. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Thames Honda are doing a deal at the moment - supplied and fitted from £199.00 inc. VAT

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As far as I know, the Accord is not CANBUS.

Also, for £199 deal that is mentioned above, I'd rather that than an ebay jobbie. For a start it will be genuine and will have better durability as well.

6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    My local dealer quoted more than that just to fix my faulty rear sensors ! bargain

7. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Hopefully in the next week or so i shall post a story of my car getting my rear parking sensor fixed and the cost this has involved, by a main dealer i can honestly say you will not believe what i shall be printing all i will say for now they started fixing the fault 2nd week in January, i don't want to say anything else at this time until my car is returned and all working correctly.