Pre-Facelift Model Rear Seat Stuck

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Heckler, Monday 7th Sep, 2015.

1. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I needed to drop the rear seats today to fit a fence panel in the back... On the passenger side, I flicked the lever, the headrest dropped down and the seat flipped up... which I wasn't expecting and found rather cool. (yes I know... sad things impress me).

However... on the drivers side, when I pulled the lever, the headrest flipped forward but the seat remained in place and no amount of pushing, pulling and prodding would get it to move.

Am I missing something simple? Is there a manual release for the seat because I had a feel around and couldn't find anything.

2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Try pulling the lever and pulling the seat base up at the same time mine does the same and that's what I have to do.

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yep mines like that to. its a great system but both mine stick. I don't know if there is a fix for this. I always have to pull the lever andpull the back quite far down until the base releases rom its lock and then pull it up manually.

I think its probably down to lack of use as to why they stick but its a tad annoying.

Cheers
    Tony

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

why oh why didn't I search for this earlier??? this has been bugging me for ages. Brilliant!! thanks Ichiban!

6. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I did a search but obviously didn't use the right search term as I missed it.

Thanks @Ichiban

7. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

OK, I've been out and checked to see if it's sticking on the bolster, but it isn't. It does spring up if you give it a little tug once the backrest is about halfway down.

I looked at the mechanism on the nearside and you can see that the backrest pushes some kind of rod/lever that lifts the seat itself... It's hard to see if that actually happens on the offside though... I assume that the mechanism should work the same on both sides... Which makes me wonder if that rod/lever is broken in some way.

Is there a diagram showing how it's assembled, and it's a rod, lever or even a gas strut of some kind.

Until yesterday, I wasn't even aware it did this as I'd only tested that the levers worked and not actually put the seats completely flat until now... One of those little things I overlooked when buying the car, so it came as a nice surprise. :Smile:

8. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can't be sure but I thought there was a gas strut and I've no car to check.

9. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If it's a gas strut, then mine has obviously failed... OK, another job to add to the list.

10. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mate could be totally wrong as I've not had my seats up in a while maybe the rod your referring to is what I thought was a gas strut I can't look till the weekend either.