Daily Driver Accord ES GT "Speaker Box"

8th Generation (2008-2015) vehicle added by bassaholic, Monday 5th Nov, 2012

1. bassaholic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

First of, I am new here so hello!

I have a 2010 accord which I have put a heavy stereo system into, the issue that it has now lowered the back of the car, I had the same issue with my last car (vectra) and I replaced the standard springs with heavy duty springs which solved the problem.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a heavy duty spring (to the best of my knowledge) that will go into this car. I am left with a few options which I hope someone can help me with:

1) remove the spring and find another manufacturer who does make a similar spring in heavy duty (big hassle, or does someone already know of a spring?)
    2) get coilovers for the back of my car to raise it up (i know nothing aboit coilover makes, good coilovers, bad coilovers, strong coilovers for towing etc)
    3) lower the front of the car to level it of (i don't really want to do this as the back of the car is pretty bouncy because of the weight, i would rather solve this issue instead)

can anyone help?

pictures of the car

photo. photo1. photo2. photo3. photo4. photo5.

Nikonandmac likes this.
  2. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    only real way to sort that out is to go for air ride thats what im saving for but its not cheap 4k that would sort out all the problems you have

when i had my first car i had some JL audio subs etc in that and it sat low on the rear so i lowered the front to match it

3. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    or just go for some coilovers that you can adjust the rebound and set them to stiff setting

4. bassaholic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

is it possible to buy rear coil overs instead of a full set? what would you recommend? as I say, I know NOTHING about coilvers

5. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wife loves the red but I've seen smaller speakers at my local cinema ! Must be awesome. Good luck with your search. Good advice will follow, I'm sure.

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    If going for coilovers I would recommend a full set.

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I agree, if you're thinking of coilovers go for a full set otherwise the handling will be all over the place.

8. bassaholic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have ordered a set of Heavy Duty Grayston Auxiliary progressive spring assisters, fingers crossed they will do the job, reading online they are pretty good at carrying a load.

largeaux6pic.

Last edited: Monday 1st Oct, 2012
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have concerns how the dampers will take to the stiffened springs after all they are designed within the scope of the standard springs, secondly how will it affect the handling of the car ?

10. bassaholic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Read a few reviews on Them online and they seemed like a good job.

Apparently they do nothing unless put under strain, then they kick on to cope with the extra weight

Ichiban likes this.