Suspension, Steering and Brakes Rear Suspension problems

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Alain Camenzuli, Monday 20th Apr, 2015.

1. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So my car is at 120k miles and in Malta the roads are horrid the care started developed a severe knock when going over pot holes at all speeds on the rear driver side. I both the drop links but I have a feeling that it is the shockabsorber that has failed because the car is slightly lower on this side then the other.

My question is I order a rear shock from my local dealer but it seems to be different than the one on the car could it be a tourer shock and not a saloon ? model TOKICO E20015

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Sounds more like a broken spring if it is leaning that much. Check to see if the spring is busted, before ordering any shocks.

3. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Let me describe is well for you. When i push the back of the car down and make it bounce i clicks on the right driver side and it is a tiny bit lower about 3/4 of a cm. What might it be if not shocks ? the spring doesnt look broken on inspection and the sound it to audible to be just drop links.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Its normal for a car to sag a small amount over the years as the springs and shocks wear down, that amount of drop could even be accounted for with unequally inflated tyres. I would check all your bushes. How many times does the car bounce before settling itself?

5. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

maybe twice until is settles down . The sound it makes is when it push down to a certain point. It no a creaking soung its a lod clicking sound.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Could well be spring related, get it on a four post ramp and then bounce it with someone checking from underneath. Are the ARB bushes OK ?

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I would say springs and rarb first.

8. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

is there any other of seeing if it is the spring. Malta is not a wonderland of mechanics and not all have lifts here :/. The sound a thump more then a click and it happens when the car is pushed down to a certain point. but it definitely lower on the driver side.

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Could be the rear ARB bushes, it would be a very cheap initial attempt.

10. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Would the ARB bushes cause the height to drop in one side ?

11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    No, that will probably just be the spring but such a small amount as you say probably won't be anything to worry about. The noise could be the rarb bushes though.

12. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Ichiban likes this.