Tyres & Wheels rear tyre wear

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by bigbezz, Tuesday 30th Jul, 2013.

1. bigbezz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Bigbezz Lancashire uk
    Hi guys can anyone tell me why or what makes the rear drivers tyre wear on the inside edge on a 1st Generation CR-V (2001),any ideas welcomed
    :Thumbup:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It can be suspension,bushes,bent arms or just plain old issue of excessive toe which can be corrected .

Have you had any work done recently or had it looked at?

3. bigbezz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

not had any work done just had the wheels off to paint rear drums and noticed drivers side tyre was worn on first inch or so nearly smooth on the inside edge.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ideally you want to get the car in the ramp and get it throughly inspect both sides and then take it from there. There are far too many variables to suggest the cause of tyre wear

5. bigbezz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks,i was going down that road anyway but thanks for the replys :Smile:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted and I you get stuck just ask more you will get plenty of help and support.

7. bigbezz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,took car to local tyre place and he has realigned all wheels on laser liner,he said that my tyres were wearing on outside edges due to tracking,but also because the tyre pressures which are 26 psi all round,are too low for the weight of vehicle and advised me to run them at 30 - 32 psi which he said will take the pressure off the outer treads and should wear more evenly.he also confirmed that the camber on rear drivers side was well out and the left rear was a little out,cost me £60 inc v.a.t and said if i change the top control arms i could come back and he will realign it .very nice guy and helpful too makes a change nowadays. :Smile:

colinwade55 and Ichiban like this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There you go thanks for coming back with the update.