General rear view mirror camera

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by crv2014ex, Tuesday 26th Jul, 2016.

1. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Do all ex CR-Vs have a front facing camera mounted below the rear view mirror??? If so can this be accessed via some software tweakage???
    Camera lens clearly seen here. Presume is for LKAS and adaptive cruise control!

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes all EX models have this.

It is not the ADAS/LKAS camera.

This is the high beam assist sensor. So your high beam lights activate/dip when on-coming headlights approach :Thumbup:

Nels and FirstHonda like this.
  3. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Arrrr that's right disappointing . Thought it might have been something useful.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL

Well it is useful for what it does! Although I personally wouldn't want to go tampering with it etc.

5. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just thought that Honda tend to put everything on but either blank it off or don't connect it depending on which market it's destined for. Like the foot well led lights etc..

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I was sceptical about this feature, but it works brilliantly. I'm not sure how I ever lived without it - I mean, pulling a lever to go to main beam and then dipped beam, how very 2010...:Laughing:

7. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Whilst I love the HID auto-dipping, I should like to be able to tune its sensitivity. At times it stays in dipped mode when I should wish it to go to high beam. Not the most annoying thing about the EX though. That's the bloody auto-stop/start. My right quads are going to be much stronger than my left ones. God knows what that will do in Belgium, where stopping the engine at a red light (I only have about 6 in a 20 mile radius around my house) is compulsory.

8. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike,
    Part of my preflight checks
    Handbrake - check
    Ignition - check
    Mirrors - check
    Stop start disengage - check
    Taxi down runway.
    Always take s/s off as my CR-V ex left me stranded twice with no battery charge down to s/s. Also read an AA article about average car battery with out s/s has approx 50,000 starts and with s/s 500,000 starts to contend with. Alot of stress on the ignition system. All the manufacturers are interested in is getting you past the three year warranty. Then yo-yo (you're on your own). No-one knows how reliable s/s technology is going to be as we are all testing it out first.
    Love the car but s/s a pain.

9. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I only switch off s/s when in slow traffic, but otherwise limit its use by lighter pressure on the the footbrake. I don't like the idea of the engine switching off when, for example, coming to the end of the exit ramp after travelling on motorway. Also don't want to hold footbrake on hot discs for any longer than necessary.

@MikeM-271048 I can relate to the right leg work outs, if I don't concentrate I can find myself walking in anti-clockwise circles!