General Rear View Mirror Removal - Help

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Dave, Monday 18th Aug, 2014.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anyone know how the rear view mirror comes off the windscreen? It's the standard one not the auto dimming one? Is it twist/screw/pop off maybe known as Camlock or wedge. I'm not home till the weekend and could do with knowing.

Thanks.

Last edited: Monday 18th Aug, 2014
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Eh you have a facelift ex diesel you should have got a auto dimming mirror as standard fella??? It pull and push up I think to remove

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No mines a facelift sport with nav + blue tooth mate. Bought a gentex mirror but think I may need the adapter but won't know till the weekend!

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Literally just pops off mate, it's a ball and socket joint :Smile:

5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers mate waiting for the new one to arrive got a sneaky feeling in going to have to get my mate in the USA to get me the $14 adapter unless I can get someone to change the mount stuck on the glass which I doubt very much due to the risk of the screen breaking but well see when the new one turns up otherwise superglue time lol

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've had a lot of luck getting various "glued objects" from glass with a heatgun and plastic scraper, that might be the trick. I was going to buy one of the superwide mirrors for mine, but with it just clipping over the top I figured it would look a bit naff.

Have you got any pictures of the Gentex?