Body, Paint & Styling Rear washer nozzle

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Saturday 4th Oct, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I've stupidly broke the rear washer nozzle when cleaning so have used a proxy bond to see if that works, but if not is it an external job to replace or do I need to remove the inner trim bit?

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    What were you using to wash the car:Unknown:

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I was doing the windows with a brush at car wash. Still waiting for my snow foam to arrive.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    EDIT: Sorry bud, didnt read your post properly

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You :Whiteflag:mate brush on a car with notoriously thin paint you will have swirled that paint to high water. Stop it please

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    After the mps6 experience i don't put any pressure with the brush on these paint work, just using the brush to get decent soap on as the spray soap is always crap. But put more pressure on the windows to help the soap flood out and run down. Then leave for a few minutes to soak in before rinsing off. New pressure washer and snowfoam arriving tomorrow so no longer a problem.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good to hear that mate, hope your paint is not marred or swirly and it can be masked by a filler wax or you machine polish it.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    There were some light scuffs on the bottom of the passenger door when i bought her and was worried about what to use but ended up using G3 cutting paste carefully by hand and then hand polished with G3 polishing paste and perfect result, so I'm guessing the paint isn't too thin on the CR-V?

Will get my clay bar out eventually and do a proper job, it's just so disheartening because the moment i take her to work she's filthy again.