Electrical & Lights Rear wiper blade on FR-V

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by kwacker, Tuesday 3rd Feb, 2015.

1. kwacker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom kwacker Liverpool
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know if you can fit a slightly longer wiper blade on the rear window of my FR-V
    At present it only clears half (from top to bottom) of the window. The bottom edge of the "sweep" is right in my line of view.
    I have only recently got the car and it is the only thing i could fault it on.
    I will get used to it I suppose, if nothing else is available to cure this little problem.
    Thanks.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it will be a case of trial and error to find out which will suit your needs, However finding one with the same blade with the same fitment is another thing you may have to change the arm too.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I would think you should be able to get a "generic" replacement type blade.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    good luck the rear wipers are different fitments which you saloon boys would never have seen :shock:

5. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    It is a different fitting to most and comes with most of the body of the wiper blade, plus what you have to take in to consideration is if you put a longer blade on it most likely won't curve around the bend of the rear screen and stick out off the window. probably why it's so short in the first place :-/
    But if you do find an alternative that works, I'd be interested in seeing it and knowing what is was you used.

Good luck :Niceone:

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    In that case, get some RainX or similar on rear windscreen and have less reason to call upon the wiper.

Princepugh and Bones126 like this.