Daily Driver Rebirth of an Icon

2nd Generation (2015) vehicle added by Staff Account, Monday 12th Jan, 2015

1. Staff Account Auto-Generated Staff Team

Rebirth of an Icon:

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    Haha 9 speed, it's getting ridiculous. Thought 7 was excessive then 8 with Lexus in the ISF and the 8 speed ZF that BMW use but 9 ratios is a few too many.

Not keen on any electric hybrid crap in a performance car and don't think it's for true petrolheads. Looks nice though.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Don't judge a book by its cover..you won't be saying that once you have actually driven it.

4. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just prefer power to be made via the combustion of gasoline that's all. Just a personal preference, for instance a car that also has a twin turbo V6 with similar power is the Nissan GTR, as it's petrol powered only I would choose the GTR.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :sleep: wake me up still dreaming,

6. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just a personal preference :Smile:

7. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    At the risk of being run out of town - I'm not convinced..yet.

I like the overall shape - if a tad Audi R8, but I think the front end is too fussy. Whilst I like the overall look of the interior I think the centre console looks out of place with switchgear that looks like its come from the parts bin. I would've like something a tad more 'pure' like the original NSX.

I'm sure it'll be a fabulous drive and devastatingly quick though.

Will be interesting to see were Ford pitch the new GT60.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just read that it's doing the 'ring in under seven minutes. If true then it's proper proper fast. Put into perspective, the Porsche 918 did it in 6.57m and Mclaren have yet to release figures for the P1.

8. Mr Honda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Dublin
    @StuH The original NSX wasn't loved upon launch either, but look how much it is loved today!!

@Superman001 The new GTR will be electrified too.... best change with the times or forever be stuck in the past....

I'm just glad emissions wasn't mentioned once!!

SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's always the case existing Honda owners are the strongest critics of any new Honda cars but given time the soon realise their mistakes. Some people are not willing to change no matter what and people resistant to change get left behind, something like the dinosaurs who failed to evolve.

10. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Our life span is so short that we don't need to evolve much, as long as I can drive petrol cars for the next 40 years I'll be happy :Smile: