ICE & HFT Recommendations for Bluetooth FM transmitter

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by andykid, Monday 15th Jun, 2015.

1. andykid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Southampton
    As the title really, i don't have the funds for anything fancy, but I've seen a few bluetooth transmitters for under £20 on amazon, wondered if anyone used one and if any are recommended? I like to keep my dash looking neat, so the little units appeal the most

2. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I bought a cheap one of ebay and to be fair its pretty dam good for what I need.
    I hate the ones that plug inot the cigarette lighter socket so I bought one that clips to the steering wheel. Now I didnt clip mine to the wheel as I hate those types to but instead stuck it the the satnav dvd flap and discarded the brackets and adapters I didnt need. It looks quite neat and has a built in rechargable battery which gives a few days operation or you can leave it plugged in (like I do).
    The sound quality is adequate but you get some hiss at low volumes, I think this is normal with most bluetooth FM transmitters.
    It tunes into 88.1 but is adjustable.

If top notch sound quality is for you then this won't be up to spec. But I find it great as the car is not the most quiet environment to listen to anyway but as a compromise its pretty darn good. I get clearbass mid and treble and its easily as good as FM radio quality boradcasts if not a little better

If you want the best then the X carlink is the only way to go but its around a uhndred pounds but you get what you pay for!

3. andykid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Southampton
    Thanks for the info.....that sounds like just the job.....off to ebay i go!