Off-Topic Recommendations please

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Sunday 3rd Feb, 2013.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Can anyone recommend a hotel for nice weekend break - destination anywhere!

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No idea what you really looking for?Are you looking to just chill and laze around swimming pool,jacuzzi etc or are you looking for some city exploring?If its the first one then i would recommend this one.
    I stayed in this one 2 years ago and its fantastic,in the middle of countryside with lot of grounds to walk around,swimming pool etc etc and its about 45 minutes away from Paris city centre.
    My wife work for this company and could probably book you in for discounted rate(don't hold me for it,have to check with her first).
    The Chateau Saint Just, Belle Eglise Hotel, Instant Secure Online Reservations

3. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

thanks zoran, looking at any/all options but Paris is expensive is it not??

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very,only went to Paris for a day sightseeing.Spent a day in Disneyland and rest just chilling in the Hotel.
    We never paid anything for hotel,got it for free through wife.Only cost to us was petrol and eurotunel plus food when we were out.

I had nice weekend away in Krakow (Poland) and it didnt cost a fortune.

5. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

thanks - will have a nosey

6. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    If you want a reasonable place to stay that is comfortable and not expensive I could recommend the Cairn Hotel in Bathgate, Scotland. I have stayed there a few times at weekends when on business. They often do cheap weekend packages and it is used by quite a few overseas tourists as a base for visiting Edinburgh and the surrounding area.

It doesn't have lots of leisure facilities, such as a gym and pool, but it has very comfortable lounges with big screen television and a bar. The rooms are good with decent size TVs and mini bars. The restaurant is good and not overpriced. You get a lot of locals dining there at the weekend as it is good value for money. The last time I was there, there was a German party enjoying themselves. The Hotel is huge and in quite big grounds with plenty of parking. It had not long been taken over lat time and I met the new owners, a very pleasant Scottish couple who had their dog with them. It is dog friendly and I had mine with me. The Hotel at that time was being extensively refurbished. Quite close to the M8 so very easy to get to.

Last edited: Sunday 3rd Feb, 2013