Body, Paint & Styling Red Honda badges front + rear

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Irishgooner, Wednesday 21st May, 2014.

1. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Hi all just looking for a big of help on this one has anybody any info on how to replace H badge on front grille with a red EP3 one can it be taken out without being broken in case I want to put original back on . I have the following picture is it just a case of getting some dental floss and separating the original or does the whole grille need to come out any help is would be greatly appreciated thanks image.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just remember the EP3 red badges have a adhesive backing, On the stock chrome H item 8 push pins grip like crazy you can snap the legs off the push pin and then slide then off.. but that hard as the legs from the emblem are brittle.

3. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Is there anything I can do from down behind the grille to push it out for example .. So the stock H has two pins and it's held on by to the grille by inserting them into the push pins .. Would I be right in saying
    That ? Is there a chance if it goes gone that I might have to replace whole grille ? Thanks too for the reply

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup the stock one are soley held by those push pins.The push pin expand outwards when inserted and they grip.. you will find it hard to remove honestly. if you don't want to use the stock emblem again the easiest way is to break the chrome leg off.

You can still reuse the grill if you remove the emblem using the above method

5. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Thanks a mill ichiban I think I bite the bullet and go for it ... If all goes wrong and just want to go back to stock would a purchase of item 6 and two 8s get me back to normal cheers again :Niceone:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP @Irishgooner
    yup you can revert back with new Item 6 and and 8 but you can't go wrong mate.I have done this mod in 2008 and it worked then and can't see why it won't work now.:Niceone:

7. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Ya I m gonna go for it I'm alright for EP3 for front and DC5 for rear is it ?? Sorry for all the questions !!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The two badges for your accord can come off a facelift EP3 matey :Niceone: Both fix perfectly.

9. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Perfect cheers again for the help :Niceone:

10. allan_tifa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Allan Northern ireland
    A thin flat head screw driver to separate the silver honda badge careful not to snap and it should remove along with the 2 pins aswell then the new red honda badge will fit perfect in job done

Irishgooner likes this.
  11. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Thanks what badges did you use was it EP3 Type-R for front and DC5 Type-R for rear ??

12. allan_tifa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Allan Northern ireland
    Both are from a facelift EP3 although I'm thinking of changing the rear for a DC5

13. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Why are you thinking of changing to DC5 . You don't have part no. For front badge do you ?? I was given these EP3 Front Red H badge - 75700-S5T-E11
    DC5 Rear Red H badge - 75701-S6M-Z01

14. allan_tifa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Allan Northern ireland
    Think its a little on the small side tbh which was why I was thinking of changing.. Don't have the part number off by hand bud, is that the DC5 rear H part number? When I did ordered mine in honda I just asked can I have the 2005 CTR front and badge H badges

15. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Ya I heard that EP3 rear is a fraction bit small . Ya that's the part number that I was given I tried to search it on lingshondaparts site but there search link seems to be done for some reason I be heading to local Honda dealer in morning I let u now how I get on

16. allan_tifa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Allan Northern ireland
    Brill mate sure keep me posted :Grin:

17. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    No problem :Smile:

18. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    One more when you purchased the badges did you buy some push nuts too number 8 in the picture at start of thread or was it just the badges !!!

19. allan_tifa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Allan Northern ireland
    Nah man no need sticks securely

20. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    well went to local Honda dealer today they had front in stock so took that and ordered rear done a quick check this evening for size and looks and I'm kinda 50/50 on it needs to grow on me . @allan_tifa that's definitely the part no for DC5 rear badge approx €47+vat image.

Accord_N22 and Ichiban like this.