Electrical & Lights Red light flashing in speedo when parked.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Snapper69, Friday 11th Dec, 2015.

1. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I've temporarily mislaid my handbook. When I came out to the car this morning I noticed that there were 2 red lights flashing on the dash instead of the usual 1. The second light went off as soon as I unlocked the door and came back on as soon as I locked it again when I got to work. The light is in the bottom left corner of the speedo.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Can you post up a picture please @Snapper69 ?

3. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll see what I can do later, I'm at work at the moment.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Okey doke :Smile:

5. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    It sounds like your Alarm led flashing but until we see the pics I'm guessing

6. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The alarm light has always flashed in the middle of the dash, but this one has just started, it's in the bottom left corner of the speedo (if you can say that a circle has corners, perhaps bottom left quadrant would be more accurate) If i get chance when it gets a bit quieterI'll take a couple of pics on my phone.

7. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Just checked mine and the radio light flashes and also the alarm red light flashes bottom left of rev counter

8. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've never seen that light flash before and I always approach the car from the back, both at home and at work. I've seen the one in the radio flash. Ok thanks.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Congratulations on spotting the deliberate mistake. It was, of course, the rev counter, not the speedo (In my defence, I've only driven it twice a day for the last 2 and a bit years and my memory isn't what it used to be, then again, it never was). I still never noticed it before, more importantly, neither did my wife and she notices EVERYTHING

Bones126 likes this.
  9. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

:Laughing: Not to worry I'm still finding things on my car and have owned it for 4 years