General Regional variations?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirstHonda, Friday 16th Nov, 2012.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi all,

I've been in the North West for a few days (Chester) and was amazed to see how many Accords there are up there - mainly 7th generation but quite a few 8th as well.

Down here (Bucks) my car is like the proverbial hen's tooth...where do we think the "hot spots" are for Accord ownership (and therefore where is the most sensible car buying public in UK?!) :Unknown:

Everybody round this way seems utterly obsessed with BMW/Audi/Mercedes...:Aghast:

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quite a few in North west London. But a lot more German trash.

3. Blizzard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

For me it was a case of never noticing them until I bought one.

Can't say I took much notice beforehand, but I see loads of them now.... However, I do live near Springfield Honda in Durham, so that probably 'ups' my sightings.

4. wumps Junior Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

waves from chester area with a 5th Generation :Wave:it must be because we have good taste up here lmao

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Up North bud keeping up appearances with Jones (German heaps) is not a priority , but quality of car.( Japanese preferably Honda)

A man down south is known by the car they drive not the character. Say a lot about Northerners.

6. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Passed an 8th Generation tourer almost identical to mine today in Gloucester, we waved at each other...

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I do that all the time to other Accord owners,but unfortunately it not once acknowledged.I wish like bikers Accord owners have gave each other a nod ,friendly wave or a quick headlight flash.

Primarycare likes this.
  8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Agree..

On our recent trip to Somerset to pass the time the kids were looking out for Accords and waving at all those we passed, without exception they all waved back :Grin:

Friendly bunch these Accord drivers..

I parked up in Dunster one morning and as norm found the most remote isolated spot and left the car.. This is what was there when I got back.. I left a Club leaflet and sticker on his screen, my daughter took the pic and yes I know I am over two bays but the car park was still almost empty when I got back to the car and there was a shed load of mud just out of shot to the left.. HONEST ! There were only the 3 cars in the whole car park..

Dunster twins 2.

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Shocking parking was the misses driving :Rolf:

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    No she won't drive the car if I am in it :Blink: Apparently I moan too much about her driving!! (TOO DAMN FAST) Yeah like I would dare... :Whistle:

No just to left is a access to a bridal way, being National Trust it is not the best maintained so thought it best to leave some space. Plus it was muddy...

I wouldn't normally park like I drove a BMW ........