Sold Regretfully selling my 04 Accord Tourer Exec Auto

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Adnan_4116, Thursday 3rd Mar, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adnan_4116 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Adnan High Wycombe
    Hello all,

As some of you may already know, I bought my 04 Accord Tourer Exec Auto a few weeks ago as we're moving house very soon and we have a baby on its way soon (so decided to be practical for the house move and baby and buy something ultra reliable as we already have other Honda's in the family). This car was for me and my wife to share, and I totally love it! We have 4 other Honda's in the family (in-laws, siblings, parents etc) and I knew I was making the right choice with this car (I looked at 3 others before buying this one). However, after numerous conversations and arguments, my wife plainly refuses to drive it as it's far too big for her to park. I know you guys have probably heard it all before when buying a car, but I can assure you, this is totally genuine. I have offered to get fitted front and rear parking sensors from Honda, but I get a plain answer of NO from her. My wife has come from a tiny Mercedes A Class to the huge Accord Tourer and she absolutely plan right refuses to drive it. So unfortunately I have no choice but to let my car go. I work as a European Business Analyst and my wife is a Secondary School teacher. I am NOT a dealer, I am a genuine private individual. I am not at all happy that I have to sell my Honda, but unfortunately I have a losing battle with my wife about this car. I intended to upgrade the wheels (see my previous posts) and clear up the misty headlamps (see previous posts - will be doing that this weekend).

*** Mod's - I'm aware that I don't have a minimum of 25 posts to post in the for sale section, however I would like to know if I can offer my car up for sale to other members before I advertise it on autotrader etc? I'd much rather the car goes to someone who will take care of it and you guys on here certainly know what you're doing with these Honda's. I will be staying on this forum as I will most certainly be buying another Honda, but it might end up being a Civic or even a Jazz instead.

Here's a brief overview:

2004/04 Accord Tourer 2.0 Executive Auto, genuine 102,000 miles from new. Graphite grey pearl, full black leather heated seats, glass sunroof, auto wipers etc etc. MOT until 18th July 2016. No advisories whatsoever on previous MOT. Has recently had a completely new exhaust system front to back including the CAT (previous owner was an elderly gent who did lots of stop start low miles and I believe these Accord exhausts don't' like frequent local trips). I bought this from a dealer for £1,900 after negotiation. Ideally, I would like somewhere close to that if possible. Here are some photos of when the dealer was advertising it:

p5.honda-accord-petrol-estate_zpsiuasquyr.

p5.honda-accord-petrol-estate%201_zpswxq5psip.

p5.honda-accord-petrol-estate%204_zps5gzbpw2c.

Really not happy to be selling this at all. If anyone can convince my wife otherwise, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

2. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think I'd be looking for a part exchange...

Maybe a petite blonde who can park???

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    :Rolf:

4. Adnan_4116 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've looked into part exchanging it, but the most dealers are offering are £900 which is ridiculous. Therefore will advertise it and see what happens. I'm open to offers and will take a slight loss if I have to. Really gutted to be selling this...

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    You do need to be a club member before you can advertise and you also need to clearly include your selling price in the advert when you can sell it.

I am no longer staff but this may get closed @Staff. Section 2 of the community rules detail the market place requirements.

Best of luck with the sale however either way

Duc de Pommfrit and Nels like this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    FirstHonda and Nighthawk like this.
  7. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    :Thumbup:

8. Adnan_4116 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys. I'm looking to advertise it for £1900 but open to sensible offers.

9. Adnan_4116 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm willing to let the car go for £1,700 if anyone is interested. I've had a few timewasters call me and never bother turning up.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Hate it when that happens !

Nighthawk likes this.
  11. Adnan_4116 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mods, my car has now been sold. Please can you remove the advert or close the thread? Many thanks!

Nighthawk likes this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Congrats !

Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.