General Reliability Index

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirstHonda, Friday 19th Dec, 2014.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Stumbled across this site the other day - had heard of Warranty Direct, but didn't know all this info was available.

Lots of fun...:Wink:

Main site:

Home - Car Reliability Index | Reliability Index | How reliable is your car?

Accord:

Honda Accord - Car Reliability Search | Reliability Index | How reliable is your car?

CR-V:

Honda CR-V - Car Reliability Search | Reliability Index | How reliable is your car?

VW Tiguan (tell me something I didn't already know...:Rant:)

Volkswagen Tiguan - Car Reliability Search | Reliability Index | How reliable is your car?

BMW 3-series:

BMW 3 Series - Car Reliability Search | Reliability Index | How reliable is your car?

I could go on...a new Christmas party game perhaps, to find the least reliable German car :Grin:

exec likes this.
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Fell off my chair laughing at the BMW results :Rolf:

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Check out the differences between the "Warranty Direct Rating" and the "User reliability rating", sure sign of disillusioned owners LOL

John Dickson and Chunkylover53 like this.
  5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Love it how the ten worst cars are all, except for two, VAG group - and all the more "prestige" marque. I guess you need lovely looking dashboards as you are going to be spending a lot of time looking at yours whilst you await recovery.

John Dickson and exec like this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Porsche 911.

That is all...

8. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    This seems to be a great tool for comparing cars, but I was shocked by the rating for the FR-V of 112!
    The rest of the Honda range was between 7 and 60.
    Time to change?

9. Nighthawk Guest

I take reliability indexs with a pinch of salt if I am honest. The problem with these things is that they are completely user dependant. For example, company cars are driven by people who generally earn a lot of money, hence why they get such high valued cars, who as a result arent worried about tyres, fuel etc. No car is designed to be driven hard all of the time.

Most company cars are not Honda's, Toyota's, Mazda's etc, however, most Mercs, BMW's, Audi's etc are.

Just my thought.

10. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Very good point, not many thrusting execs would pick a porky FR-V, not good for the image!

11. Nighthawk Guest

Exactly, they think they are far too important to be seen in anything other than an Audi or a Merc as it helps exemplify their own misguided self belief as to how important they believe they are.

I still chuckle though when I see their car, 10 times the value of mine, sitting on the side of the road with its hazard lights on and I just carry on driving past them in my reliable car which they would turn their nose up at.

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ Understand where you are coming from @Nighthawk. I have exactly the same view with the JD Power survey, where drivers are asked for opinions on their cars. Reliability then becomes subjective, especially if there is an element of "justification" involved...

I think this site is different though, as the core data appears to be from actual claim data, so should be (more) robust.

^^It's also interesting to read the actual reviews, where they have been left. I wonder what the story was with this 8th Generation 2.4EX Accord?

HONDA Accord - Car Reliability Index | Reliability Index | How reliable is your car?

^^ Perhaps he should have gone for a more reliable I-DTEC...:Rolf: :poke:

Look at the one for the Golf below, though - just to show the possible impact of "user error" :Grin:.

VOLKSWAGEN Golf - Car Reliability Index | Reliability Index | How reliable is your car?

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    JD Powers only connects to end user for their research mate, they don't go to company drivers as the legal owner of the car is the lease company and they will never forward their questionnaire to the guy who running the lease car.

So IMHO JD Powers is really the independent user experience for retail customers I have had all my JD power questionnaires when I bought my new cars or bikes, I doubt I will receive one once I get my GP1 which I will glad post after 4 months of ownership to confirm the same.

14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Different to my experience, then. With JD Power anybody can register to give their opinion on their car, whether private or company.

My issue is that it is opinion, rather than based on data. Asking me whether my car handles well, or has a good interior is pretty pointless IMHO.

Nighthawk likes this.
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My contact with them has always been after 3-4 months of buying a new vehicle.HUK must be passing my info to them. Yes JD powers is founded on personal opinion rather than raw data, but how else will you quantify it.

You will have both set of for and the against debating how to capture its factual data, its a difficult one to call independently.