General Reliability of CR-V 2013 2.0i and Areas of Improvement

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by PanayiotisPal, Sunday 9th Oct, 2016.

1. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Paliometocho
    I have exceeded 50,000 km and I have done 2 tests:
    1. Test DTCs of all Control Modules for Errors
    2. Check all modules for Firmware Updates

I have no DTC errors.
    I have no Firmware Updates.

The only thing I wish that Honda improves in the future, seeing the grey areas of Honda CR-V 2013 2.0i EX, are Radio (GPS/Maps/Dab) and HFT communication firmware updates.

1. MAPS could have been priced at 15 pounds for HDD instead of 200
    2. Maps could be added to include Cyprus
    3. Honda third party suppliers should take part in directly supporting Honda CR-V owners. e.g. Alpine does not offer on their website any firmware update on Honda CR-V touchscreen radio HDD model and Navigation updates are not free for the first 2 years.
    4. Wifi Radio support for EX model is a necessity including capability of connecting to the Honda server for radio/HFT/NAVI/Dab/Maps firmware updates (or even ECU Engine module firmware updates). No wifi and no support means no satisfaction.

As for the Petrol Engine - Well done Honda. Petrol engine Rocks.

Last edited: Sunday 9th Oct, 2016
    alistairwat50n and Racy Jace like this.
  2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Specifications improve as does technology as the models progress. It can be frustrating when you compare earlier models to current but it shows how they are progressing. The new connect units have free garmin updates for 5 years after purchase, wifi enabled. ECM updates will always remain a dealer only aspect.

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  3. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Paliometocho
    Can I fit one, from facelift EX model to pre facelift EX model, in case I find a second hand? What is your opinion? Is this possible?

Comparing the two technologies I could not agree more to what you said.

Last edited: Sunday 9th Oct, 2016
    Racy Jace likes this.