Engine & Gearbox Remap

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Friday 30th Aug, 2013.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My mate's got a brand new Astra 2.0 CDTi and he's not happy with the performance so he's looking into getting the ECU remapped and I've been thinking about this myself as you get a nice discount if doing two cars at once. It's a recommended place so I've no worries about that but has anyone else had a petrol remapped and what kind of gains would you expect?

I know it won't be as good as a Diesel or a petrol which has a turbo but still hoping it may give a reasonable boost, in particular with the torque.

2. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What kind of car you have? Not all cars can be remapped.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Same as you :Wink:

4. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

OK. As far as I know, some tuners have just started to reprogram our ECUs but with limited ability on the parameters they can change. Our cars need more radical solutions (US ECU + Hondata FlashPro).

5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The amount of BHP per £££ for a n/a Honda I dout its worth it.

I did see a Civic Type-R 2002 model witch used k-pro software to get 10bhp over all but midrange where the VTEC kicked in increased by 40bhp. That would then definitely be worth a remap.

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I've found a place that's claiming 19BHP increase and a 20Nm increase in torque. That doesn't seem too bad although I've yet to see the price.