Feedback/Help Reminder e-mail?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by FirstHonda, Saturday 2nd Aug, 2014.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Just a thought, and I've no idea about the "rules" surrounding such things, so apologies in advance if this isn't possible or allowable...

I'm sure some members sign up to the forum, then get busy on other things, forget their log in details, or just move on after joining and forget about it.

What about a reminder e-mail being sent to any members who haven't been online for (say) 6 weeks then again after 6 months, along the lines of;

"We can see that you haven't visited HondaKarma for a few weeks. Our Honda community is growing by the day, and we'd love to see you back on the forum. If you need help logging back in, then follow this link to reset your password."

Ichiban, John Dickson and Nels like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    That's not a bad idea at all, I'll dig into this and report back. Great thinking Ed.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've found a good premade modification to provide the functionality. Allows you to set two time periods for reminders, say six weeks and six months like you suggest, I can also disable those reminders for certain groups if needed.

I'll get this up and running now.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I suppose my only thought was around rules on privacy/spam - but I guess if a member has signed up to the forum, they allow comms from that forum?

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Indeed, it's in the T&C when you sign-up that we may communicate by email, there's also an opt-out option in the control panel :Smile:

It's all installed, it'll work through inactive users over the next day or two. I'm just finishing testing now. I've set it to 4 weeks and 4 months at the moment.

Ichiban and FirstHonda like this.
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

That's a much better message :Smile:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Just remembered to add this line in that you mentioned :Thumbup:

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Smashing idea Ed.
    That was very quick out of the starting blocks Leo.

Ichiban likes this.
  9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Well it was the perfect procrastination item from going out and putting my car's interior back together and giving her a good clean after the FlashPro work :Laughing:

It was kind of ironic, as I was thinking about ideas to get some of our members checking back in just the other day.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's not a good day for working outside. Already had a couple of v heavy downpours over here.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It's not bad here yet to be honest, a mate's having a birthday barbecue/garden party this afternoon so hope it doesn't open up.

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

It's pouring down here. Typical, I'm off to the football this afternoon and it's football weather :Angry:

Forza Watford!

download.

13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's a great idea Ed. :Niceone:

14. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just managed to put mine back together after changing PAS cooler before the heavens opened! DIY to follow :Smile:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  15. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I can confirm the email reminders are working. :Fear:

Just returned to 'normal' life today after a nice 2 week holiday and this email reminded me that I haven't been on HK for 28 days :telloff:.

Ichiban and SpeedyGee like this.
  16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Haha, success! Good going @FirstHonda, you're rallying up the troops :Smile:

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself @cred, where'd you go?

17. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Thanks for asking, I was just some took time off for Eid

18. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Forgive my ignorance, Ramadan right?

19. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Yes, that's correct.. Ramadan (month in lunar calendar) is the month of fasting (from sunrise to sunset) followed by Eid which is a day of celebration, equivalent to Christmas.

Last edited: Tuesday 5th Aug, 2014
  20. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I follow now :Smile: I'm sure you're feeling pretty revitalised coming out of the whole process. To be honest, I wish the rest of the world had a lunar calendar - 13 months of 28 days would make a load more sense. Unfortunately, Christianity buggered that one up for all of us :Laughing: Nothing against Christians themselves at all.