Aftermarket Kit Remote Central Locking

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2001-2008)' started by westmoors, Thursday 25th Apr, 2013.

1. westmoors Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Dorset
    Has anybody fitted any of the retro kits available on the market for remote door locking on a Jaz ?
    Any comments on this subject would be very welcome such as what make, ease or difficulties in fitting etc.

I expect the later models will have this as standard but I picked up a very smart 1.2 2006 Jaz but it does not have this feature and having had cars with remote locking this is sorely missed. Westmoors

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. zippy007 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

uk
    my only remote has failed.and have now got a aftermarket keyless remote system to add to my already remote control unit. the only thing is that it is not very clear where to add the unlock/lock wires to my existing unit.the diagram tells you to cut the wires on the centre locking switch,and insert unlock wire to the motor side and the other wire to the switch.same with the unlocking pair..(and then add 12v to the switch as well.)(not done this part..it does not make sense).do not work.
    Jazz wiring shows 12v either side of switch and a common wire in the middle.so when you switch between the 2 you lock or unlock the doors., any help or pinpoint it the correct area to make it work.thanks

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for the tip fella , hopefully someone can use this.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @Ichiban , zippy007 was asking a question, not making a statement :Wink:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    skip reading again :Icecream:pass don't know the answer.:Unknown:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @zippy007 you may have resolved this already but if you haven't I find it helps to actually draw out the components on some paper and then use red and black coloured pens to draw the circuit. This should help you determine where to connect the wires. Depending on polarity the motor will either open or close the lock.

8. zippy007 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

uk
    who sells the car wiring for car alarms,as i already got one .but its easy to go straight to the correct connector to join the wires. honda Jazz 2002.
    usa supplys them free of charge,but not my uk model .