Electrical & Lights Remote control not working

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by SimonUK, Thursday 14th Aug, 2014.

1. SimonUK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone

My normally so very reliable Honda Accord 1999 model has now stopped unlocking/locking via the remote key fob!

I've replaced the battery and checked the fuse but all ok

Any ideas?

P.S. My car has just passed the 250k mark! :Smile:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

250k miles is insane, congratulations :Smile:

Re the keyfob - really simple question but does a red LED light up (located above lock button) when you click any of the buttons?

3. SimonUK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your reply

Yes it is insane. It still has the original starter motor, alternater, suspension ......

Yes the red light does come on when I press the lock or unlock buttons

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Have you changed the battery/reset the ECU lately? Maybe the system forgot the receiver in which case I could send you the instructions to pair it up again.

5. SimonUK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    No I haven't changed anything on the car at all which is why it is weird that it's stopped working
    Thanks

6. boincuk Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ely
    Could you send them to me please - I have just received my remote back from being repaired.

Thanks
    Mike

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its a piece of cake to re pair the remote fob to the car, but you can only pair two fobs, I've tried more, but the car just won't have it, you gotta love finding those fobs in the scrap yards, I've got about 5 now, i think.

9. SimonUK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Would you mind sending me the instructions and I'll give that a go

Thanks

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

11. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  12. boincuk Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ely
    It would not sync so spoke to people @ Autotronics who were very helpful and asked me to send it back so they could test the frequency. Sent back last Tuesday by recorded delivery and the Post Office have bloody lost it !!:Rant:

Does anybody know the model number of the remote and the frequency it operates on as I have seen different ones on ebay and not want to waste money on getting the wrong model. (I have seen both G8D-453H-A and G8D-344H-A) I have a 2002 2.0SE Accord.

Thanks[/quote]

13. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[/QUOTE]
    Mine was 344 but it was a 99 Accord. Ideally you would have opened up the previous keyfob and found the correct part no.

That said I think its best to wait 14 days and then ask RM again as they may find the parcel.

14. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have a 2000 accord se and mine is the two button g8d-456h-a model, I have a few that I got from scrap cars and all seem to work ans have the ability to be programmed into the car.

15. boincuk Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ely
    *** Item removed. Sorry, Junior Members cannot offers items for sale. ***

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 25th Sep, 2014
  16. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Does that third button actually work to pop the trunk or does it even pair up with the car at all?
    reason I ask is that i took one appart not that long ago and discovered that inside a 2 button fob is a circuit board that has 3 buttons on it. So in theory, they are all the same, the only difference is the case it goes into.

17. boincuk Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ely
    Remote does not work at all on my car - it is a 344H-A whereas mine (should have opened up my working one before pressing the "pay now" button on ebay !!) is a 542H-A so obviously works on a different frequency.

*** Item for sale removed. Sorry, but Junior Members cannot offer items for sale. ***

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 25th Sep, 2014
  18. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm guessing you should have the 2 button version of this fob?

if so, they seem to work on 433.9mhz, which is the same on all the ones I've retreived from scrap cars and all program to my own car. I think though that a 3 button remote fob will not fully work with the accord, particularly the boot popper, but I am not 100% on that

19. toyracer69 Junior Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    The boot popper bit will not work unless you actually have a remote boot release fitted to your car. :Wink:

Harvey likes this.