Electrical & Lights Remote Door Unlock not working

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Midnight Owl, Sunday 21st Feb, 2016.

1. Midnight Owl Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Following an unfortunate incident where I found my Legend had a flat battery (the scourge of short journeys, I learn from the AA!) I find my remote door keys do not work. Is there a 'pairing procedure' I can follow or is it back to Honda?

Thanks
    Toby

2. Midnight Owl Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oddly, this morning (without any action on my part) the door locks worked correctly.... One to rack up to experience, I guess, though I've had this before with the Legend 'self healing'... I wish I knew what it was actually doing and what was intended behavior!

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  4. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keep your battery topped up. It's a sign of a weak battery.

5. captain trumpy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Captain East Sussex
    Glad its working again. When this happened to a Ford I owned, the car would only recognise the keycode after it had been re-inserted into the ignition, until the battery goes flat again. I guess the moral here is stop doing short journeys. Go for a good long blast, you'll enjoy it. If the problem is proceeded with ever reducing range on the remote, then you need a new battery in the key.

6. dandoon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've found on the odd occasion that the remote refuses to work work at a distance. On these occasions the key needs to be really close to the receiver unit - presumably near the base of the windscreen. Both car and remote batteries were fine. This has maybe happened half a dozen times in the last 6 years - and always seems to be on particularly cold and damp mornings (when you want to get into the car quickly).

7. captain trumpy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Captain East Sussex
    I have experienced problems with remotes when the car is parked very close to a mobile phone mast. It's not happened with the Legend, but a while back it happened to a Nissan, just after filling up with fuel. The guy behind the desk told me it would work fine once the car was out of the forecourt. He reckoned it happened often to all makes. There was a massive big aerial transmitter thingy in the field next door. Makes you wonder what health implications there might be as we are bombarded with radio waves and microwaves!! :Frown: