Optional Extras REMOTE ENGINE STARTER KEY CR-V 4th Generation

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by PanayiotisPal, Thursday 4th Jun, 2015.

1. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Paliometocho
    In USA there is an Engine Starter Kit for CR-V, and the Key is made by Honda.

Do you know if this is compatible with the CR-V 4th Generation in Europe??? Spoke with Honda Sercvice and they don't know anything about this Key. It requires programming by dealer in order to work.

Do you have any knowledge if programming can be done for UK CR-Vs that would make the Engine start, Siren Stop, and lock while engine in on?? Is this compatible or not? Why was it not made available in Europe?

Attached Files:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorry, Im not able to advise you on this.

Hopefully someone else will be able to.

@Beefy are you able to advise ?

3. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Can't advise directly but my sister has this facility on her ford's in the USA. They are both auto's.
    Rick

4. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks for your replies. I guess the only way to find out is to get one and test its compatibility, even if having an auto the compatibility issue still remains.

The problem I have is, If I go out of the car for a minute with the kids in, to lock the car from outside I have to close the engine first. Then the siren will also sound because of the momenet in the car from the kids.

Is there a way to lock the car from outside with the engine on in order to have the airconditioning on too (the alarm in this case would stay off).? in order not to get all 3 children out with me for a 2 mins job?

Thanks

5. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

....momenet (=movement) in the car from the kids. :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    I guess I did not think about the manual key. I have to try this and see if it works. So maybe the solution is to push the lock button to lock all doors, get out of the drivers door, then lock driver's door with the key from the fob.

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Leaving kids unattended locked inside a car with a running engine is a good idea?

7. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

if you go to the magazine shop and you will get something that you need for a minute? Is it a good idea to take them with you?

8. Nighthawk Guest

If they are still young, then yes, every single time.

9. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

ok opinion accepted. I guess if you have one this is not a good idea, if you have two out of 3 who will destroy the magazine shop then it is the best idea. don't get me wrong I love my kids all the same. Just 1 of them has so much energy that I cannot control him.

10. Nighthawk Guest

I have two kids and I personally, as well as most people, would never leave them unattended in a car when I go into a shop - it only takes a second for something to go wrong for which, as a responsible parent, I would never forgive myself if something did.

Back to your question however, does your car have the ability to turn off the ultrasonic sensors? I know some cars do

11. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The fob has door lock unlock, and rear tailgate lock unlock. I don't now if there is a menu setting on the steering wheel that lets you turn off the ultrasonic sensors. I guess if there is it will disable permanently the alarm.

12. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I just checked the manual locking method while engine is on "push the lock button (next to windows button, driver side) to lock all doors, get out of the drivers door, then close the door and lock driver's door with the key from the fob." The engine stays on, the alarm off , the aircon on, and the doors are locked.

13. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes I just seen it for the first time after checking the manual. There is an ultra sonic off button. What is your suggestion?

14. Nighthawk Guest

I don't have any more suggestions - I am still shocked that any responsible parent thinks its a good idea to leave children unattended in a car with a running engine.

Someone else may respond to your posts later, but for me, Im not going to.

15. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

:Smile: I thought so. This was not a good solution without air circulation. A magazine shop in Cyprus is a place 5x5 and the stops are oposite of the magazine shop, still having a visual contact/ eye contact with my kids. So I still don't understand why you are insisting on this, the reason for the aircon is because it is very hot outside and would prefer if they don't get out of the car enviroment.

16. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    I agree with @Nighthawk if you are using the key to keep the engine running for the sake of cooling the engine/turbo before turning engine off or warming the car up in cold weather while locked ime all for it. But leaving kids unattended with the engine running is a recipe for disaster. !!!! Someone could smash the window and drive off or your child let the hand brake off etc. not a good idea. Regards compatibility with euro Hondas ime not sure? There not available trough Honda Europe so you would have to try one off your own back.

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  17. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks for the info. If I find one to test I will post here.

Brief note: Not applicable in Cyprus, both smashing windows (the risk exists I guess from thiefs so different circumstances), and for automatic transmission handbrake lift, there is also the P on the gearbox as a backup. I still understand your concerns as being a parent too, since I am always alert if this happens. Thanks for your opinion too. I will try to avoid.

18. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

From literature search these are the parts needed
    1. Remote Starter Base Kit Remote Starter Base Kit
    2. 08E91-E22-1M001 Remote Engine Starter Transmitter
    3. 08E91-TK4-4M0A2 Unit, R/C Engine Starter
    4. 08E92-EY5-2M003 Antenna Assy
    5. 08E92-STK-20063 Label, Caution
    6. 72148-SNB-000 Battery Comp (Cr2)

Attached Files:

19. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Pan

Not a good idea. One kick on the gear lever, hand brake etc etc spells trouble. Dogs ditto. And it must get rather hot in Cyprus. Anyway, there is a facility in the menu to turn the 'internal movements' alarm off. Mine is off permanently

Phil

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  20. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes you can probably cook some eggs on the beach sand (as a figure of speach). Thanks for the info I will try to find the menu setting just for information purposes. There is a push button also which turns the internal alarm off occasionally as discussed previously.