Electrical & Lights remote keyfobs

Discussion in '1st Generation (1995-2001)' started by jonc, Saturday 29th Dec, 2012.

1. jonc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well having sold my trusty 1998 CR-V es I picked up my not bad nick 2002 se sport from the slightly dodgy second had dealer in Leicester, only to find it had only 1 key and no remote fobs, having looked around I heard some horror stories about how much the main dealers charge to replace and program these things so here I am. I have googled and ebayed and googled some more and no joy. Any suggestions as to where I can get some replacement remote keyfobs and have them programed with paying main dealer prices.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You should be able to buy a keyfob/s from ebay and program them using a set of steps which involve putting the ignition on and off a set number of times :Smile:

Does your keyfob look like this :-

$(KGrHqJ,!mIE-eb+jOobBPuSBK,j6Q~~60_58.JPG

3. jonc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't have any keyfobs and from what I can see they are all shells on ebay with no electronics inside, the idea being you transfer the elctronics from your old one to a nice shiny new shell, well as I don't have one at all its a bit hopeless.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yes your right, currently the ones that are on ebay are just shells.

Full working keyfobs do pop up every now and then, have look at completed listings, you'll see some. I bought one myself only a few week ago.

5. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just bought A "Three Button Fob" off Ebay. £27.00 ...... All I need now is for someone to tell me how to programme it to the car. I downloaded some instructions off the net but that didn't seem to work. And vice here would be most appreciated.

Peter

- - - Updated - - -

I think maybe my car isn't fitted for remote locking ............... So if anyone wants to buy a three Button Fob ?? Get in touch.

Peter

- - - Updated - - -

I think maybe my car isn't fitted for remote locking ............... So if anyone wants to buy a three Button Fob ?? Get in touch.

Peter