Electrical & Lights Remote locking

Discussion in '1st Generation (1995-2001)' started by Jim, Friday 11th Jan, 2013.

1. Jim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,Have just purchased 2000 CR-V auto,It has 2 fobs with button in centre to operate I assume alarm/immobilisor this seems to work ok,but no remote locking! all locks operate from the door button..My question is should this vehicle have remote central locking?? if not can I fit it?? Jim

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

At that age it probably wasnt standard and the alarm isnt a Honda one, does it say on the fobs?

A car alarm fitter could fit an interface I'm sure, a hundred or so quid probably.

3. Jim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The alarm/immobiliser under the hood has Honda written on it!

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's odd usually the Honda fitted alarms aren't visible. Also odd that there no central locking interfaced into alarm.

Can you post a picture of your alarm fob for us to see ?

5. Jim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,It is just a black fob with one central button no markings at all. When looking at these CR-V's for sale even the older ones all seem to have remote locking.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

From I can tell it doesn't sound like the standard alarm fitted to a CR-V. Let's see if anyone else can shed some light on this.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't think the first gen CR-V had keyless entry.

8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    It did had it, Ichiban. This is the pn for the transmitter: 72147-S10-G52.
    And there is a separate unit for the radio signals: 38380-S10-G02.
    But, Jim, why do you say it seems to work OK? If the central locking doesn't work, the battery might just be dead, no? The immobiliser is in the key, not in the transmitter.

Last edited: Saturday 12th Jan, 2013
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well if does then it could be the keyless entry module which has failed on the 2nd Generation CR-V its a black box over the fuse box with a green connector a simple swap will fix it.

It common on the 7th Generation Civics, and 2nd Generation CR-V both share the same unit albeit different part numbers.

But as the guy have already indicated several times the battery in the fob will be the first place to look if that fails then look at the keyless entry module.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Jim did you get to the bottom of this ? If so what was the fix ?

11. Jim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,All of these vehicles were fitted with remote locking,all I had to do was locate a compatible remote (not easy) all is ok now.
    Jim

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Nice one Jim, glad you got it sorted.