General Remove cargo-cover bar..?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by filbaker, Monday 15th Apr, 2013.

1. filbaker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, dumb question/first post! Only had the car since last Thursday and am trying to remove the cargo-cover bar behind the rear seats. Had a skim through the handbook but didn't find anything, so can anyone help please? It's a 2007 on a 57-plate. Thanks!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Push the box frame towards the windows it will compress and you will be able to remove it.

On removal you will see it spring loaded to aid removal you can easily push it in .

Welcome to the club please do post a thread about yourself and your car please.:Wink:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Top tip if you want to store the cargo cover in the car remove the two corner pieces lift the central spare wheel cover insert the cargo cover you will see a recessed pattern. rest it within it and close the lids and replace the corner pieces.
    This will ensure it never leaves the car nor get lost.

4. filbaker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, and thanks for the instant response! I have now found the relevant page in the handbook too, but...the bar has approximately 15mm of lateral movement before coming to a hard stop (no suggestion of any spring effect) and won't lift out. Is it time to visit my local Honda dealer, I wonder...?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    can you take a picture of this cargo cover please lets have a look it a genuine tourer cover.

6. filbaker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, is this any help? I have more...:Smile:

2013-04-16 15.09.31. 2013-04-16 15.09.46.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 16th Apr, 2013
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is the correct cover what happens if you push the box frame say towards left if that does have the desired effect do it to the right ..
    once you get the movement pull up to get it out the C pillar stays.

Its has to budge.. I can see it being jammed.

8. filbaker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that. I've tried moving it to the left and the right but it has this short lateral travel, stops dead and won't lift. I think you may be right about it having jammed. I'll give it some more attention and if all else fails...there's a Honda dealer about half a mile away. Thanks for your time spent on this - much appreciated!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    you got a rubber mallet ? when it travels tap it from the bottom of the box frame it could been wedged in.

10. filbaker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have, as it happens! Thanks for the suggestion :Smile:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well it would mean a trip to the dealers for you then. Please do update us with the outcome will like know why this boot cover won't play ball.

12. filbaker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your help, IchibanAccord that did the trick! Apologies for the delay in posting the outcome - been busy loading stuff in the back!

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff!! What made it to work by tapping the box frame or by going to the dealers ?