ICE & HFT Remove cassette player

Discussion in '1st Generation (1999-2006)' started by breezer, Friday 22nd Feb, 2013.

1. breezer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can anyone tell me how to remove the factory fitted radio/cassette player in my HR-V? Any information appreciated.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hallo breezer which year is your HR-V?

3. breezer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its a 2001 HR-V, Y reg

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Kindly do a DIY with Actual pictures please !!

To kick off we need to remove the dashboard centre panel. For its removal follow this.

TOP NOTE:
    When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape, and apply protective tape around the related parts, to prevent damage.
    Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
    Detach the clips to remove the centre panel (A) by disconnecting the connectors (B).
    Install in the reverse order of removal.

Audio Unit Removal HRV AOCUK-2.

Then move to remove the four screws (A) from the bracket (B).
    Disconnect the 20P connector (C) and the antenna lead (D) from the audio unit (E), and the 4P connector (F) from the clock (G)

Audio Unit Removal HRV AOCUK.JPG

Remove the four screws (A), then remove the audio unit (B) from the bracket (C).

Audio Unit Removal HRV AOCUK -1.JPG

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. breezer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello, many thanks for the information. Unfortunately I have had a major problem removing a broken lock nut on rear wheel. 5 days chiseling so far and still not off. Every method on internet been tried. Had to cut part of stud off, so now is a huge job. This nut was last torqued on by Kwik Fit after tyre change. Seriously looking at getting rid of the best car I have ever had. I will let you know how I get on.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Correctly done and by KF however never go in the same sentence buddy. sorry to hear your issues but things like these DO happen on cars and that part of cars life.

you may need to get to a garage and change it , don't let this minor inconvenience make you to get rid of a perfect car which you like.